Egypt: The GIZ Egypt has shared a glimpse of the First National Forum on the Future of Work before joining the Second National Forum.
The service provider informed that building on what they started last year with the first forum, they are pleased to share some of the critical results of the First Forum on the Future of Work, aiming to move towards a better Future of Work in Egypt.
As per the social media post shared by GIZ Egypt, here are highlights of the first forum:
1. Displaying a demo version of ‘Egypt occupational outlook’, which will provide multi-faceted information about specific occupations in Egypt.
2. The Ministry of Education and Technical Education presented the five pillars of the technical education development strategy.
3. The latest updates on the emergence of new jobs, growth and decline of some other #jobs were presented
4. The causes of the growth observed in the informal sector, the digital and gig economy, highlight new work arrangements and the importance of maintaining work flexibility while providing social protection for workers.
5. The need for national bodies and development partners to join forces to provide data on the demand side of the labour market, including the required #skills, in order to prepare for a better Future of work.
This year’s Second Forum will focus on four main topics:
• Egypt Occupational Outlook
• Green Jobs
• ICT Jobs
• Skills in Egypt
The Second Future of work National Forum is co-hosted by the Planning and Economic Development Minister, International Cooperation Minister, Education and Technical Education Minister, Manpower Minister, and President of the Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics. The forum is organised and supported by GIZ Egypt on behalf of the German Government, with technical support from the Economic Research Forum (ERF). The forum will be organised on 7th March 2023.