Antigua and Barbuda: Following the beginning of the year 2023, Prime Minister Gaston Browne took it to announce important projects which are projected to commence in the coming future. PM added that it is expected to have remarkable investments for the people of Antigua and Barbuda.
In his remarks, Prime Minister Gaston Browne has explained that the nation is marching towards a better future with increase and enhancement in several fields such as “Record cruise ships. Hotels, New port. Growing economy. And, now, big vision for the future.”
Furthermore, several future projects are explained by Prime Minister Gaston Browne, which will play a vital role in the growth and Development of Antigua and Barbuda as a nation, read as follows:
- Antigua Cruise Port: The Antigua Cruise project is one of the most important steps towards attracting people towards Antigua and Barbuda, along with offering them world-class cruise experiences. The sources have confirmed that the Cruise project cost around $270 million and has already begun the work on the project in the first quarter of 2023.
- Performing Arts Centre: Another important update was shared by PM Browne regarding the performing arts centre and conveyed that it is one of the important projects on the list of the government for enhanced development and growth of the people of Antigua and Barbuda. Such enhancement in the sector of the Performing Arts Centre will allow a useful platform for people who are actively interested in performing arts and wants to try new and different creative things. The project begins in 2023.
- UWI Five Island Campus: The UWI Five Island Campus project is expected to begin in 2023. The authorities have stated that it costs nearly $216 million, which Saudi Arabia has already provided.
- The Harrison Centre: Prime Minister Gaston Browne announced that the construction of the infrastructure has already started.
- Royal Caribbean International Beach Club: The Project Beach Club is worth $270 million and will begin in 2023. The government has expected that it will significantly boost the Tourism industry of Antigua and Barbuda.
Moreover, the work done by the Antigua and Barbuda Labour party under the supervision and leadership of Prime Minister Gaston Browne has been a work of appreciation, as the government has been working tooth and nail for the growth of their nation.
The nation has been fighting many natural calamities. It has successfully come out of the hard times through immense hard work and collectable efforts, such as Hurricanes and the Covid pandemic.
The country’s economy is rebuilding under the supervision of current Prime Minister Gaston Browne. The administration introduced various growth-targeted policies and schemes, such as broke ground on Phase 1 of the expansion project of Golden Grove School.
The reports have confirmed that the initial construction phase will see new classrooms wing with a student capacity of 99 to hold at a time. Level 2 will build the second floor of the school with three extra classrooms, along with the renovation of the existing compound in phase three.
In the end, PM Gaston Browne concluded that there had been a substantial increase in development with the 5th Berth opening. I
t was built to accommodate the Oasis Class Ships, as it holds the title of the world’s largest cruise vessel. Over 5,000 passengers and 2,500 crew members can board the cruise simultaneously.