Castries, Saint Lucia – Ernest Hilaire, Deputy Prime Minister of Saint Lucia, has recently shared an update regarding the National Jazz and Art Festival, which will be commencing from May 7 to 11, 2023. The festival is scheduled to hold several creative and innovative events during the period. Said Deputy PM.
According to the shared updates, while expressing his joy and pride for the upcoming Jazz and Art Festival, Deputy PM Ernest Hilaire took to his official social media handle to extend the invitation to the people and citizens of Saint Lucia to the event. In his remarks, he stated that the upcoming festival would be the biggest creative event this year that the country will experience.
In addition, while reaching out to the residents and fellow Saint Lucians, he also pointed out, “Arts and the City! The Arts component is critical to the Saint Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival. Our City Center will be transformed into the central hub for all of the Arts activities and expressions of Arts and Culture.”
Meanwhile, The Minister for Tourism, Investment, Creative Industries, Culture and Information for the Caribbean country, Ernest Hilaire, also shed light on the significance and requirement of such artistic events in the nation as it is a critical part of keeping in touch with the ancestral roots and heritage as one whole community.
Furthermore, through his Facebook caption, the Deputy Prime Minister of the Caribbean Island additionally shared the details regarding the timing and venues of the upcoming event to be held during the Jazz and Art Festival, which read below:
- Art Square- The Jazz and Art festival will begin with the Art Square event at Derek Walcott Square on 7 May-11 May at 10 am, and admission will be Free for the event.
- Cultural Icon Series/Luther Francois in Photos – The event will commence at the Central Library of Saint Lucia on 7 May-11 May at 10 am and will hold no Admission fee.
- A Little Folk Tale – The event will hold at National Cultural Centre on May 7 at 7:30 pm and May 8 at 11 am. The admission fee will be XCD $50, USD $19, and Children XCD $20 and USD $8.
- Word In Antered Scale – the festival will be commenced from Pointe Seraphine from May 8 to May 9 at 7:30 pm, and the admission fee will be: XCD $40, USD $15.
- Big Pan Project – Big Pan Project will be held at Derek Walcott Square on May at 8 pm.
- Word in Altered Scale – Pointe Seraphine will host the event from 8 May-9 May at 7:30 pm, the admission fee is set at XCD $40 and USD $15.
- Big Pan Project – Derek Walcott Square is set to host the event from May 9 at 8 pm with no admission fee.
- Lights. Camera. Fashion – Castries City will host this event from May 10 at 7:30 pm with an admission fee of XCD $160 and USD $60. The fee for VIPs is XCD $270 and $100.
- Cultural Icon Series and Luther Francois in Concert – the event will be held at Pigeon Island and Side Lawn from May 11 at 7 pm with an admission fee of XCD 200 and USD $75.
- Craft and Souvenir Market event will be held at Rodney Bay from 11 May-12 May at 10 am with no admission fee.